Certificate of compliance - what is it?
WHAT IS THE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE AND THE COMPLIANCE PRE CHECK TOOL?
The Certificate of Compliance is a document that is produced from our iCompli App. The iCompli App is a compliance pre check for rental properties. As such it is a program designed to improve the liveability of all rental properties across New Zealand.
Over the past 3 years, i-Compliant has been working alongside stakeholders. This includes but is not limited to MBIE, Tenancy Services, Councils, and property managers across New Zealand. As a result, we intend to develop a tool to measure the standard of rental stock in New Zealand. Using the latest software, the current conditions and living standards of your property can now be measured and an overall liveability grade given. Subsequently, this provides both landlords and tenants a standardised and measurable system when looking at rental properties.
The standardised rating system ranges from A – E, with A being an excellent score and E being very poor. It will allow those with a good rating to market their property accordingly. As a result, landlords can get a maximum return on investment.
The Certificate of Compliance reminds landlords and property managers of their obligations to meet the requirements of the:
- Health and Safety Act 2015,
- Residential Tenancies Act 2016,
- Residential Tenancies (Healthy Homes Standards) Regulations 2019,
- Residential Tenancies Amendment Act 2019
Benefits of the iCompli App and the Certificate of Compliance include:
- Remove the “Blame Game” of tenant vs landlord
- A-E liveability rating to get a marketing edge
- Prioritise maintenance issues by level of importance
- Benchmark your portfolio and improve accordingly
Copyright 2018 i-Compliant LtdCLICK here to register your interest!